The Smoky Red Pepper Crema boasts a flavorful combination of rich, bold, and smoky notes. You can easily create a versatile Mexican condiment that can be used as a dip or a drizzled topping for your favorite tacos, nachos, or soups.
The red pepper crema is a flavorful Mexican sauce that combines roasted red bell peppers, smoked paprika, lime juice, and crema or sour cream. You can use it as a delicious topping for your favorite Tex Mex or Mexican dishes, or as a flavorful dipping sauce. The flavor of this dish is a delightful blend of mild sweetness and smoky notes, complemented by the creamy texture of crema. There are numerous reasons to adore this recipe:
- Basic Ingredients
- It can be used as both a filling and a dip!Tasty
- Easy and quick
Smoked red pepper sauce Ingredients
Sour Cream: Alternatively, you have the option of utilizing Mexican Crema.
Smoked Paprika: The dip’s flavor is enhanced by the addition of smokiness, complemented by a subtle hint of sweet paprika.
Roasted Red Peppers: You can roast your own peppers for this recipe, but using store-bought jarred peppers is a convenient and time-saving option.
Lime: You can use freshly squeezed juice and adjust the quantity according to your preference.
Garlic: You have the flexibility to adjust the amount according to your preference. If you prefer a stronger garlic flavor, you can use fresh garlic cloves.
Smoky Red Pepper Crema-Recipe
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers patted dry
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Blend: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Continue blending the ingredients until they form a smooth and creamy texture.
- Store: To keep your cream sauce fresh and ready for use, simply pour it into a jar, seal it tightly, and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy it. It can be stored for a maximum of two weeks.
Smoky Red Pepper Crema Substitute
- Spice: Are you interested in adding more spice to this sauce? You can enhance the flavor by adding a pinch of ground cayenne or a few drops of hot sauce according to your preference.
- Red Peppers: If you have some spare time, you can enhance the taste by roasting your own red peppers in the oven and removing the charred skin before blending them.
- Sour Cream: If you want a thinner sauce, you can use mexico crema instead, or you can add milk or buttermilk to the sour cream in this recipe to thin it out.
Smoked Crema Tips
- Thickness: If the crema is too thick, you can make it thinner by adding a small amount of milk or water.
- Storage: Refrigerate in a sealed jar for 4-5 days.
Smoky red pepper crema without sour cream
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Before you start cooking, make sure to preheat the broiler in your oven.
- Next, take a baking sheet and carefully arrange the red bell peppers on it. Cook under the broiler until the surface is nicely charred, which usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a bowl and cover them with either plastic wrap or seal them in a bag to allow for steaming.
- To prepare, simply peel off the burnt skin and discard the seeds and stem.
- To create a flavorful blend, combine peppers, plain yogurt, olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a blender. Process until the mixture becomes smooth and well-combined.
- Try tasting the dish and making any necessary adjustments to the seasoning.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and add a garnish of cilantro or parsley if you prefer.
- You can use it as a dip, sauce, spread, or topping.
- Go ahead and enjoy!
To sum up, smoky red pepper crema is a delicious and adaptable sauce created by combining roasted red peppers, sour cream or yogurt, lime juice, garlic, and smoked paprika. With its smooth consistency and flavorful combination of smokiness and tanginess, it adds a delightful touch to various dishes, including tacos, grilled meats, and even desserts.
The delicious smoky red pepper crema is commonly prepared using roasted red bell peppers, sour cream or yogurt, lime juice, garlic, and smoked paprika.
If you don’t have smoky red pepper crema on hand, you can easily make a delicious alternative by combining sour cream or yogurt with roasted red pepper puree and a touch of smoked paprika.
Chili crema can be creamy, tangy, or spicy, depending on the type and quantity of chili used.
To make dry pepper flakes, all you need to do is dry out some fresh chili peppers. You can achieve this by either hanging them in a dry and well-ventilated area or by using a dehydrator. After they have completely dried, you can use a blender or mortar and pestle to crush or grind them into flakes.
Crema is usually made with heavy cream or sour cream, and to add taste, it might also have lime juice, garlic, or spices.
Crema is used to add creaminess and taste to a wide range of dishes, such as tacos, burritos, grilled meats, soups, and veggies.
HelloFresh’s Smoky Red Pepper Crema is made with a delightful combination of roasted red peppers, creamy sour cream or yogurt, tangy lime juice, flavorful garlic, and aromatic smoked paprika. The specific ingredients may vary, but these are the usual ingredients that make up this delicious sauce.
After opening, jarred roasted red peppers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
Yes, depending on the recipe and the type of red peppers used, red pepper crema can be spicy.