Broccoli cheese casserole is a classic dish that combines the goodness of broccoli with the creamy richness of cheese. It is a versatile and comforting recipe that can be served as a side dish or even as a main course. Whether you are a fan of broccoli or not, this casserole is sure to win you over with its delightful flavors and textures.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Steam the broccoli florets until they are tender, but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the cheese mixture and gently stir until the florets are evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
VariationsWhile the classic recipe is delicious on its own, you can also experiment with some variations to suit your taste preferences:
- Add cooked bacon or ham for an extra savory twist.
- Include some diced onions or bell peppers for added flavor and texture.
- Try using different types of cheese, such as Gruyere or Monterey Jack, to create a unique flavor profile.
- Sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes or paprika on top for a hint of spice.
Broccoli cheese casserole can be served as a side dish alongside roasted chicken, grilled steak, or even as a vegetarian main course. It pairs well with a variety of other dishes, such as mashed potatoes, rice, or a fresh green salad. The creamy and cheesy flavors of the casserole complement the main course beautifully, making it a versatile choice for any meal.
Broccoli cheese casserole is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Here is an overview of its nutritional content per serving:
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli if fresh is not available. Just make sure to thaw and drain it before adding it to the casserole.
Absolutely! You can prepare the casserole in advance and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Just remember to add the breadcrumb topping right before baking.
Yes, you can freeze leftover broccoli cheese casserole. Allow it to cool completely, then transfer it to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes, feel free to experiment with different cheeses to suit your taste. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may vary slightly.
While it does contain cheese and mayonnaise, broccoli cheese casserole can still be part of a balanced diet when enjoyed in moderation. It provides a good amount of fiber, vitamins, and minerals from the broccoli.
Broccoli cheese casserole is a delicious and versatile dish that combines the goodness of broccoli with the creamy richness of cheese. Whether you serve it as a side dish or a main course, this casserole is sure to please your taste buds. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, it is a perfect option for a quick and satisfying meal. So, why not give it a try and enjoy the delightful flavors of this classic comfort food?