Are you looking to add some excitement to your dinner routine? Look no further than this delicious and vibrant Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon recipe. Combining the richness of salmon with the tangy sweetness of mango and a kick of spice, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
The Perfect Blend of Sweet and Spicy
One of the reasons why Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon is so irresistible is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors. The sweetness of the ripe mangoes complements the savory taste of the salmon, while the addition of jalapenos or other hot peppers adds a delightful kick.
The mango salsa is made with a combination of diced mangoes, red onions, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of spice. The flavors meld together to create a refreshing and tangy salsa that pairs beautifully with the tender and flaky salmon.
Best Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon Recipe
- 4 Salmon fillets 6 ounces each
- 1 Ripe mango diced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 Red onion finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Follow these simple steps to create your Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
- Bake the salmon for about 12-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- In the meantime, prepare the mango salsa by combining the diced mango, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and honey in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Once the salmon is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Top each salmon fillet with a generous spoonful of the spicy mango salsa.
- Serve the Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
VariationsWhile this recipe is already bursting with flavor, you can personalize it to your liking by trying these variations:
- For an extra kick of heat, add a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of chili flakes to the mango salsa.
- Experiment with different types of fruit salsa, such as pineapple or peach, to create unique flavor combinations.
- If you prefer a milder taste, substitute the jalapeno pepper with a milder pepper variety.
- Grill the salmon instead of baking it for a smoky flavor.
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving of Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon:
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
Here are some frequently asked questions about Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon:
Yes, you can use frozen salmon for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it thoroughly before cooking.
Absolutely! You can prepare the mango salsa a few hours ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve.
This dish pairs well with a variety of side dishes, such as steamed vegetables, quinoa, or a fresh green salad.
While salmon works beautifully with the mango salsa, you can also try this recipe with other types of fish, such as trout or snapper.
The spice level can be adjusted to your preference. If you prefer a milder taste, you can reduce the amount of jalapeno pepper or omit it altogether.
With its tantalizing combination of flavors, this Spicy Mango Salsa Salmon recipe is a true crowd-pleaser. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or simply looking to elevate your weeknight meals, this dish is a winner. Give it a try and savor the explosion of taste that awaits!
Remember, cooking is all about experimenting and making the recipe your own, so don’t be afraid to add your own twist to this already delightful dish. Enjoy!