Hellmann’s chicken salad recipe is a delicious chicken salad that is made only with 4 ingredients. Just give it a try with all of your favourite ingredients or if you prefer it plain, you can enjoy that way too.
What to Serve Hellman’s Chicken Salad On?
There are many choices to serve chicken salad on:
Chicken salad as a sandwich on your favourite bread such as wheat, oat, rye, white, sourdough is a great choice. You can add some lettuce and tomato for an extra touch.
You can give your chicken salad a bit of a Mexican flair by serving it on a tortilla. Fried tortillas, Crispy corn tortillas, or even soft tortillas taste great. Add some shredded lettuce and chopped tomato and avocado to serve.
You can often find that some restaurants serve chicken salad in a wrap. It’s a great option to eat chicken salad and you do not have to use a fork or knife to do so.
Eating chicken salad on a fresh croissant is one of the best ways to enjoy it. It gives you the buttery, soft freshness that melts in your mouth that is completely wonderful. You can also find fresh baked croissants in a grocery store bakery.
You can also enjoy your Hellman’s chicken salad with pita bread. it gives you an immense taste.
If you’re trying to take low carbs, try serving your Hellmann’s chicken salad recipe on lettuce leaves.
You can also serve chicken salad with a bowl of tortilla chips. This makes the chicken salad more delicious.
Hellmann’s Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 Cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2 Cups Chicken Diced Cooked
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Nuts, berries, fruit, herbs, seasonings, bacon etc. (Optional)
How to Make the Best Chicken Salad Using Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- To make the best chicken salad, use fresh chicken chest meat. Boil the chicken perfectly. You can cook the chicken in a slow cooker or cook it in the oven in a covered pan.
- You can prepare a salad with full fat mayonnaise because the best chicken salad is made with full fat mayonnaise. However, if you are diet conscious or take a lower fat or a lower calorie, you can also prepare it by using low fat mayonnaise and substituting part of the mayonnaise with plain Greek yoghurt.
- The third best way to make chicken salad is to load it up with goodies. If you like crunch, you can add some fresh celery or almond slices. For a bit of sweetness, add some dried cranberries or cherries. For a burst of colour, add grapes or apples. Add some bacon pieces, for a savoury aspect.
How To Prepare Chicken for Hellmann’s Chicken Salad
- There are a variety of ways to cook the chicken for chicken salad. But you have to maintain moisture in the chicken for the best outcome. Here are some ways which are listed below to cook the chicken:
- Place chicken chest with a pinch of salt and add a few drops of oil in the crockpot. Cook on high flame for 3 hours or cook on low flame for 6 hours or until done.
- Simmer the chicken until an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Bake the chicken at 400F in a baking pan which is covered with foil for about an hour or until an internal temperature of 165F is raised. This is the method that I usually choose because I know how to bake chicken in the oven perfectly.
- You can also cook the chicken in a frying pan on the stovetop to prepare it for chicken salad. To do so, apply some cooking oil in the pan and cook until the internal temperature raises 165F. You may cut the chicken into smaller pieces to speed up the cooking process with this method. If you are choosing this method, be sure to maintain the moisture so that the chicken does not dry out.
- You can grill the chicken on a charcoal grill or a gas grill. Again, the moisture should be maintained. Chicken must be moist and soft. Grill until an internal temperature of 165F is raised.
- Place the chicken on the trivet. Add a little amount of oil or water. Close the lid and seal it. Set the chicken on high pressure and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
Can I Use Canned Chicken in Salad?
Yes, you can use canned chicken instead of chicken chest but you have to choose fresh chicken.
What Sides to Serve With It?
- Tomato Soup
How Long Does Hellmann’s Chicken Salad Last?
You can store chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator and last up to three days.
If you left out the chicken salad at room temperature, chicken salad is only good for 2 hours, according to parameters conveyed by the FDA
If chicken salad is left out at a picnic or potluck where the temperature is above 90F, then chicken salad is only good for 1 hour.